This is the modification of the data of Nigerians and Legal Residents below the age of 16 who were enrolled into the NIMC’s database but wish to changes previously submitted records.
However, some fields in the data are non-updatable and cannot be modified.
- State of Registration
- LGA of Registration
- Registration Centre
- Polling Unit
- Date of Death
- Date of Death Type
- Date of Birth: Changes Subjected to Management approval based reasonable justification
- Place of Birth – State
- Place of Birth – LGA
- Place of Birth – Country (if different from Nigeria)
- Place of Origin – Town, Village
- Place of Origin – State
- Place of Origin – LGA
- Father’s NIN
- Father’s Town, Village of Origin
- Father’s State of Origin
- Father’s LGA of Origin
- Mother’s NIN
- Mother’s Town, Village of Origin
- Mother’s State of Origin
- Mother’s LGA of Origin
- Tracking Number
- Date of Registration
- Originating Centre
- Loading Centre
- ID Card Number
- Applicant’s Finger Print (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Finger Print Reason (Finger 1 to 10)
- Applicant’s Signature
Mandatory requirements for data modification:
Applicants are to present
- the original copy of the NIN slip issued to them after the first registration
- the printout of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number given at the bank after payment/ or a printout stating the payment details if the payment was made online
- an Application Letter duly signed by the applicant’s parent for change in the data fields he/she wishes to modify for their Child(ren)/ward(s) stating the reason
- the supporting document to back the proposed changes to be submitted accordingly.
Supporting Documents for Data Modification
Change of Name
- Sworn Affidavit
- Newspaper Extract
- Marriage Certificate (in cases of marriage)
Change of Address
- Utility Bill
- Tenancy Agreement
- Bank Statement
- Community leader Attestation
Phone Number due to loss or mechanical damage
- Police Report
Level of Education
- Certificate obtained
Change of Occupation
- Offer Letter
Process of Modification (Minors):
- Applicants walks into the enrolment Centre with a supporting document (including application letter).
- Applicant will be issued a data modification form to fill.
- Applicant data modification forms will be vetted by a NIMC Official to crosscheck the information filled on the form against the supporting document provided. Note: applicants who cannot read nor write should come along with a person who can do the form filling for him.
- Applicant’s pre-filled information will be inputted on the NIMC Software by a NIMC enrolment officer.
- The enrolment officer will ask the applicant or parent to double check his/her information using the applicant monitor to check for errors.
- If the applicant is satisfied with his/her demographic information, the biometrics of the applicant will be captured subsequently.
- After completing the enrolment, a Transaction ID Slip will be issued to the applicant as an evidence of the transaction.
- The former NIN Slip will be retained by the enrolment officer if the modified data will affect details on the NIN slip.
- The applicant will be requested to come back for the NIN within 2-5 working days, as it is subjected to speed of network.
- A new National Identification Number Slip having the same NIN will be issued to the applicant after processing.
Service Fee: N500 per field. Payable through the NIMC into the TSA (CBN).
Availability: Monday – Friday (8a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Payment must be made before modification commences.
- Availability of network.
- Availability of NIMS Backend.
- Availability of power.
Visit www.remita.net to start the payment process.
Click on the option ‘Pay a Federal Government Agency‘.
Name of MDA – type in ‘National Identity Management Commission‘.
Name of Service/Purpose – choose ‘Others‘.
Amount to Pay – fill in the amount you wish to pay.
Pay Description – type in ‘Payment for Modification‘.
Payer’s Full Name – type your full name.
Click on the icon ͞proceed to payment.
A new page which is the invoice will come up which will display your RRR – Remita Retrieval Reference at the top of the page.
Print the invoice and take note of your RRR.
Choose any payment method convenient for you.
Option 1: ‘Pay Now with Internet Banking’.
Option 2: ‘Pay at Bank Branch’.
Option 3: ‘Pay Now with Remita’.
Option 4: ‘Pay Now with Cards or Wallet’.